Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Giant weird egg

This is the weirdest egg.
The pictures don't do it justice to how weird it is.
And It's a really big egg too (poor chicken ) This thing is as big as a duck egg.


















When I went to gather the eggs this mourning It was like this egg was staring at me lol.
I noticed it right when I walked into the chicken house and said "WOW".I was almost kind of scared to pick it up because I though it was one of those rare soft eggs that you sometimes get. But nope it was a regular hard egg just weird.This egg has wrinkles and ridges all over it. Like frank-en egg lol.I bet it's double yolked!  

  Now I am going to wonder what chicken layed this egg.




This is as far as the carton will close!




The weird egg amongst our already jumbo eggs.

6 comments:

  1. Maybe that chicken needs more fiber in its diet! LOL Very strange!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha yes maybe! You get a weird egg every once in awhile. It almost looks like the chicken layed it wet and soft and it dried hard lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Mummified!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I came via Life On A Southern Farm.

    OH MY GOODNESS! that is one odd egg... I wonder what the yoke looks like? That is a frankin-egg or mummy egg....

    AMazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello! We cracked this one open, It had two huge yolks inside, It was pretty cool! lol. It's always a exciting thing around here when you get a double yolked egg :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have them like that sometimes, not sure what causes it. Double yoke = Good Luck!

    Pam@ Stumpe Backyard Nursery

    ReplyDelete