Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Pictures of the day

It's a cold day here today.Most the animals have decided to stay in the barn where it's nice and cozy. The only critters you will see outside are the dogs and the sheep, since they both cannot feel the cold much.So this gave me an opportunity to snap a few pictures as I was walking around the farm.
Its Lambing season soon.This Ewe had only one baby a few days ago. Twins are more common.These are Jacobs sheep, They are usually spotted or have patches of black or brown. Usually we get one or two all white lambs out of 60 or so babies. I love the white babies, They remind me of the Snuggle bear.


                                   This is how pigs stay warm.
These are the Pot Belly pigs. Don't they look cozy all snuggled up together?
Did you spot this little guy in the pile? He has the best spot in the group and is buried in warmth



The chickens were all lined up in a row, They were trying to keep warm in this little bit of sun coming through the barn doors.



It's too cold for Josie and Elle May, So they peek outside. The cold doesn't seem to bother Bella. Notice their Fat bellies. They are due to kid  in a few weeks.

Alex our Mini Nubian Buck and the girls, minus Lily and Violet who were hiding.



Alex is a silly boy. He loves to play with me whenever I come in the pen. This might not be a good  habit to start with him but he cracks me up and he is a harmless sweet boy. He is a Ham, But what Buck isn't. That's why I love them so much.








Ive been going outside several times a day to check on Josie and Elle. They are Due February 22nd. I think Alex may have gotten to them earlier, as they are showing signs that it may be closer than what I thought. I cannot wait for cute Lil Mini Nubian floppy eared babies!





























































1 comment: